Picket Fence Charm enhances this pristine property complete with a warm and inviting 2100 sq foot bungalow custom built in 2010. One feels welcome at first entry into the bright open floor plan. offering a large living room with fireplace looking into an open dining area and kitchen with eating bar and ample counter space, complete with stainless steel appliances. There is a well placed window at the sink and...
SUNSHINE MEADOWS - Southern Exposure in this beatifully maintained 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo featuring a bright semi-open floor plan. The large primary bedroom offers a 4-pc ensuite and large walkthrough closet with the second bedroom only steps way from the main 4-pc bathroom. The functional easy-flow kitchen feaures an abundance of cabinetry and 4 appliances. Connected through the kitchen is the well-plac...
Paradise in the Kootenays. Views of the Rockies, close to the Bull River, community center, the Fish Hatchery, Lake Koocanusa is within a 30 minute drive. This home can be your year round home away from home or your home. Hot tub on the wrap around deck with a stellar view of the Rockies. Open concept kitchen, living room & dining room. Lots of windows to catch the light and view. Loft bedroom upstairs with a...Listed by RE/MAX Blue Sky Realty
Your family will surely appreciate this well cared for 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom home with extra touches throughout. The main floor features hardwood in the living room with a wood-burning fireplace, a dining room with patio doors out to a covered deck plus an open deck ,and a walk-through kitchen with more than enough cabinet + cupboard space. Finishing off the main is a full bath, plenty of closet space, and 3 ...Listed by RE/MAX Blue Sky Realty
Designed with Distinction this meticulous, elegant home will meet executive expectations with style, quality and value. MAIN FLOOR introduces an open floor plan with entry into the Foyer with seating bench, French doors to the well placed Den giving quick access to the mudroom, powder room and walk-through pantry leading into the state-of-the-art, highly functional kitchen complete with stainless steel applia...
Prime Location! This well maintained walkout, bungalow totals 2700 square feet of living space featuring an open plan on both levels, with 3 + 2 bedrooms, 3 baths. The large lot is fully landscaped with 2 retaining walls. On the main floor you will find the open plan of 1329 sq. ft with sweeping mountain views from ceiling to floor windows. A good sized kitchen with white cabinetry, all appliances and the opt...
A stunning tastefully renovated townhouse with Park views, in desirable Parkside Place. Backing onto beautiful Joseph Creek and Kinsmen Park, this much loved home features open floor plan on main floor with bright spacious kitchen with loads of cabinetry opening to dining room and bright living room. With sliders to covered deck with lovely Mt Baker, creek and park views. With new flooring throughout includin...Listed by Royal LePage East Kootenay Realty
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015